Blog

Cover for Sarasota Pet magazine! | Sarasota dog photographer

Last month I had the pleasure of photographing Sam, a handsome Golden Retriever therapy dog, for the cover of Sarasota Pet magazine. I was stoked, as it was my first magazine cover shoot. I’ve taken photos for magazine articles before, but was never really in my element, so to speak, because I was photographing stores and vet offices. I didn’t get one-on-one time with a dog. But I finally did, and am so thrilled to share with you my first magazine cover!

We didn’t have the best location for Sam’s cover shoot, but we worked with what we had and got some great images for the magazine. It helped to have such a handsome, willing model. Sam recently one a happy dog contest, so we had to capture that great smile for the cover. :)

If you’re local, be sure to grab a copy of the new April/May issue of Sarasota Pet magazine! Let me know what you think!

And here are a few of the other shots I got of the handsome, happy boy. He has birthmarks on his tongue!

View the portfolio | Contact Emilee | Facebook | Twitter

10 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Becky - Awesome Emilee! Congrats on your first (of many to come, I’m sure) cover shoot!April 1, 2010 – 2:35 pm

• Meredith Perdue - Wow, Emilee! Congratulations! You are so awesome!April 1, 2010 – 4:13 pm

• sarah - looks amazing!!! nice work chica :)April 1, 2010 – 4:54 pm

• grace - congrats darling, it looks beautiful!April 1, 2010 – 7:47 pm

• nick - aww he looks adorable! Congrats on the coverpage!April 1, 2010 – 8:12 pm

• Jules - It’s gorgeous! Congratulations Emilee ;)April 1, 2010 – 11:19 pm

• Seb - Congrats! Very cute.April 3, 2010 – 3:07 am

• Josie and Sam - Emilee I’m thrilled with how wonderful the photo’s are. Sam wants me to tell you he loved working with you. You know just how to make a guy look good!April 6, 2010 – 1:10 pm

• leesia - congratulations — looks AWESOME!!April 6, 2010 – 4:19 pm

• Jill Cahr - Hi Emilee,
    We just wrote about Sam’s cover shoot. He won a contest we held back in September for the publication of our book Happy Dog: Caring For Your Dog’s Body, Mind and Spirit. You photographs are beautiful! Congratulations on the cover.April 8, 2010 – 10:45 am

Welcome

As a fellow animal lover and pet parent, I know that no matter how you adventure, there’s no substitute for time spent with your pet. And that’s why Emilee Miller Photography is here, to celebrate the bond and adventures we share with our very best friends, our pets.

I hope you'll enjoy following our adventures on the blog. It's here that you'll find recent work, recipes, places to visit, and lots of posts about Buddy, the best black Lab and sweetest old man you'll ever meet.